Gratitude doesn’t come to the average person naturally, our natural tendency is to complain and focus on what isn’t working. It takes discipline to remain grateful especially if things are not going as well as you expect. Things could be worse!
Thankfully, there is always something to be grateful for, take some time now to come up with a gratitude list. Even if you aren’t feeling particularly cheerful, don’t let your feelings stop you from giving thanks to God.
There is still so much that is working, enough for you to be thankful, if we only look around us with open eyes and hearts. Here are a few things to be thankful for this season.
- Be thankful for your life. Life is a gift, so many others didn’t make it this far. Where there is life, there is hope!
- Be thankful for your family and friends. Everyone around you that loves you is another reason for gratitude
- Be thankful for food, clothes & shelter. Don’t be tempted to overlook the ‘little’ things, remember that these for many is an unaffordable luxury.
- Be thankful for nature. The sun that gives light in the day, the moon by night, trees, animals, water.. these are all reasons to be grateful!
- Be thankful for technology! With technology, we have instant access to the entire world with the push of buttons.
- Be thankful for having a source of income and a medium where you can add value to the world.
- Be thankful for your challenges. Adversity challenges us to grow, It may not be palatable but it is sometimes needful.
- Be thankful for the love of God! God is our hope and assurance that all will be well.
I encourage you today to uncover all the many blessings in your life and thank God for them.
I would love to hear what you are grateful for! Tweet at me @nikeadeyemi with #grateful!
It is a season for gratitude! Enjoy the holidays..
In His Love,